Since its birth, this photojournal has seen about 4 themes I’ve personally crafted, but this new layout is the first time I’ve ever used mint instead of the usual pink. I’ve always chosen to use pink because it was my favorite color since I could remember, but (not really) interesting fact: according to my mommy, green was my first love, aside from eating snow. I also randomly learned today that I never rolled around to crawl as a baby. Instead, I sat up & eventually progressed to walk. My mom told me I was weird for not rolling, but I just told her it’s because rolling over is for dogs. Anyway, so this theme color was picked by my -4 readers! Okay, so maybe I actually have a positive number of readers so thank you all for your input! Hopefully you all chose wisely because the next time I’m changing this would probably be next year. Let me know if there are any weird bugs or things out of place or suggestions. I still think my navigation bar is as awkward as you feel when someone is singing you happy birthday & you have no idea what to do. Can we talk about this? Do you all just smile & clap or what? I’ll probably change the ribbon to make it look all fancy later. I promised the boys of NAHT that I’d work on their website this weekend, so mush!
Jessy of Everything is Makeable was sweet enough to nominate my little photojournal for a Liebster Award! For those of you who don’t know what it is, “liebster” is German for “dearest”, meaning that the award acknowledges the small blogs that are held dear. The Liebster Award is modified chain mail as there is no committee that nominates you. Anyone who is “nominated” can nominate another blogger for the award, so long as they haven’t been nominated before. The original requirement was that the blogger had to have less than 3000 readers, but it’s now just more popular to award that to less than 200 readers because you’re kind of a big deal in the blogging community if you’ve got 3000 readers. You’re supposed to answer questions the person who nominated you created, so here we go:
1. Could you describe your dream house?
Yes & it is fabulous. A French Chateau that is completely sustainable (garden, solar energy, etc) & would be a zombie fortress. Build me that, Ted Mosby.
2. Your top 3 drinks at the moment.
- Extra Dirty Martini
- Amaretto Sour
- White Russian
- Freshly brewed tea
- Orange Peach Mango juice from Trader Joe’s
- Any coffee/tea made with pumpkin
3. What is your favorite holiday destination and why?
5. Your favorite post of all time from your own blog.
I don’t really have one, but I thought Hi Timothy was fun to write.
6. Describe yourself in 10 words.
Adventurous, ambitious, bookworm, compassionate, eccentric, humorous, food enthusiast, rational, & scientific.
8. Who is your style icon?
Don’t really have one, but I do love the clothes that Rachel Bilson & Hilary Duff sport.
9. The top thing in your wishlist.
Thing: A 500 GB harddrive for my laptop.
Life goal: Get into a medical/osteopathic school!!!
10. Your favorite jewelry item.
The diamond charm my mom got me for my graduation present that is worn as a necklace.
11. Describe the most terrifying or “horrible” photo of you!
Why would I want to describe something so awful!?
Liebster Award Nominees
Continuing the chain mail award, I nominate 8 people instead of 11.
- Nancy of Hopeless Thunder
- Becca of Hello, Becca
- Alice of Fifteen Eight Jars
- Cat of Silent White
- Tiff of Tiff’s Bloggy
- Bonnie of Just Realized
- Faye of Bonkers
- Jenny of Jenigma
Shows you how out of touch I am with the blogging community because I can’t nominate 11 people. I should probably start stalking more people’s blogs, I guess. 8 people = 8 questions.
Questions For Nominees
- What is your spirit animal?
- You have participated in a scientific experiment that will pay your bills until you fall over & die. Your blood contains the cure for all major diseases. There is a single side effect: the next meal you eat will be the only meal you can taste for the rest of your life, no matter what you eat. The only exception are drinks. What meal do you choose to eat next?
- If you could be any Disney character (Pixar included), whom would you be?
- If you were a sandwich, what kind of sandwich would best describe your personality?
- What was the last book you read that completely changed your life or world view?
- You are given a break from every job, school, or life obligations & are allowed to travel anywhere in the world for a year. Where will you go & what would you do?
- What was the best meal of your life that would increase the likelihood of you punching people in the kidneys if they told you they ate it all?
- What was the most hilarious thing anyone has ever said to you that still cracks you up when you think about it, making you look like a crazy person? (Can be a story or a single line).
Hope the questions are fun for all of you to answer! Pictures & recipes in the next post!