Drawing inspiration from one of my favorite Vietnamese smoothies, sinh to bo or avocado smoothie, I added some twists to a popular favorite. Instead of using condensed milk, I attempted to keep the flavors healthy, refreshing, while still creamy with yogurt & coconut milk. It’s a perfect snack on a warm summer’s day.
Avocado + Coconut Kiwi Ice Pops
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 2 kiwis
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2.5 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1. In a small sauce pan on medium high heat, bring the coconut milk to a boil. Add the honey & reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring for two minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a blender, toss in the avocado, kiwis, yogurt, & milk with a few ice cubes.
- 3. Add about a teaspoon--or however much desired--of the coconut flakes into each mold. Pour in the avocado + kiwi mixture into the mold & store in your freezer for about 6 hours.
- If you plan on using a flavored yogurt such as kiwi, vanilla, or coconut, you don't need to heat the honey in a pan with coconut milk. This recipe will be about enough for 12 ice pops.