I’m not the biggest fan of potato salad, but this recipe is great for those who love potatoes, but not in conjunction with mayonnaise. This is not like just any deli-style potato salad that makes you feel as though you’re getting a side of gross with your sandwich, it’s a potato salad side that makes for a great picnic item, holiday (Christmas, Hanukah, Thanksgiving, etc) side dish, or lunch item! The combination of mustard & dill really brings together an otherwise boring lot of potatoes.
Dijon Potato Salad.
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard (whole grain)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5-6 medium sized red potatoes, cut into 8ths
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped, leaves included
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp dill
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to boil with salt; add potatoes & allow to cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
- 2. Strain potatoes & toss in a large bowl with vinegar, oil, fresh herbs, celery, spices, & mustard. Serve chilled.