One of the quickest pasta dishes to make & the simplest, without sacrificing deliciousness. You can easily make this dish healthier by using whole wheat pasta. The freshest garlic, parsley, & the best extra-virgin olive oil will make all the difference in the outcome of this dish. In the picture, I used 51% whole wheat capellini noodles because they’re my favorite, but you can use any type of pasta you’d prefer.
Serving Size: 1
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of sea salt
- 2 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 package of angel hair pasta
1. Add 2.5 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil & 1.5 tbsp of salt into a pot of water & bring it to boil. There should be enough water in the pot that will fit the pasta with an inch of water over the pasta level. Once the water boils, add the pasta & cook for roughly 8-11 minutes. 8 for capellini, 9 for regular angel hair pasta, & 10-11 for thicker pasta.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil for a minute on medium heat & add the garlic & crushed pepper until the garlic is brown. Once the pasta is done, save the water, but add just the pasta to the pan. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Use common sense, turn off the stove if the pasta isn’t done yet.
3. Mix the pasta well & cook for 3-4 minutes. Add a bit of pasta water to the pan. Add remaining salt if flavor is lacking. Serve with chopped parsley & desired amount of parmigiano reggiano. Enjoy!