Inspired by a California Roll Factory’s delicious special sauce, I set out to make my own version that will have you sipping every last drop. This is a great sauce for oyster shooters, sushi rolls, & dipping sauce dumplings or wontons. It also pairs well with a cucumber salad or a chirashi bowl.
Special Sushi Sauce
- 1 sprig of green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp of ponzu sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp of water
- 2 tsp of masago
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of chili oil or chili sesame oil
- 1 dash of ginger
- 1 dash of paprika
- 1 dash of sesame seeds
- 1. Stir all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl except for the mayonnaise. Add more water if the sauce is too salty or add more ponzu if the sauce it too light.
- 2. Garnish with the mayonnaise, serve, & dip!