Summer getting too hot for your liking? Stop by your locally grown produce store or farmers’ market to grab some of the season’s best fruits. This smoothie features juicy watermelon & a nectarine that is so naturally sweet, additional sugar is not needed at all. You can add honey if you’d like or even a few slices of soft silken tofu for protein. The herbs make a delightful twist on a simple fruit smoothie.
- 1/4 large watermelon (roughly 3 cups), sliced into large chunks
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup coconut water, juice, or fruit flavored tea
- 1 yellow nectarine, sliced
- 3 sprigs mint
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1. Layer in the softest ingredients first such as your coconut water, fruits, & herbs. Toss in the ice afterward (if you're using it) & blend until smooth.
- 2. Enjoy!
- Always thoroughly wash your fruits & herbs before using! Squeeze a bit of lemon juice for an extra zing.