- I had a full-time job & I got promoted.
- I got accepted to Boston University’s School of Public Health to pursue an MPH.
- I got rejected from Harvard’s & cried a little. The audacity!!!
- I moved to a new apartment in Cambridge.
- I started graduated school & became a full-time student.
- I wanted to work part-time, but apparently that wasn’t an option for me.
- I left my job; actively looking for a part-time job.
- Paying for benefits when you’re unemployed is really expensive.
- I screwed up my sleep schedule, so now I quietly celebrate whenever I go to bed before 3 AM.
- I started seeing a therapist to improve my mental health & I’m not ashamed to admit that. More people should. Depression is not a joke. Shout out to BU for free mental health services.
It’s been almost an entire year since I’ve updated my blog. That’s kind of crazy, but then again so is the US government. I don’t have any updates for you right now, but I have so many recipes I want to add. I also have thousands of photos to edit, but the amount of time I have is -500 hours. I’m sorry I suck. I did finally secure my website though, so that’s something.
Welcome to 2018, TiffanyBee.com! You’re finally HTTPS secure & properly SSL’d or whatever. Thought I broke my website for a second trying to secure this baby.
Aye girl, how long has it been?
- It’s been so long that I forgot what folder I normally upload my blog photos in.
- It’s been so long that I didn’t even add a gallery for the entire year of 2017.
- It’s been so long that I just had my annual performance review at my job, which I didn’t even have when I last updated my blog.
- It’s been so long that I’ve moved to a new city (Boston to Cambridge; still crying a little, but it’s fine) from the last time I updated.
- It’s been so long that the Patriots/evil have finally been defeated by the underdogs.
- Also, it’s been so long that somehow the president has still yet to release his tax returns. But the real issue is how in the world is he still in office? IDK, man. Eye. Dee. Kay.
» Continue Reading «
In an attempt to be more festive because I haven’t had the time to make Thanksgiving themed recipes, I’m sharing with y’all recipes I’ve written in the past–all which make great Thanksgiving dishes–& recipes from others. I’m partial to these food bloggers because they interact with their readers, so please give their recipes & websites a visit. Such beautiful scrumptious pictures & recipes, what’s not to love? Shameless plugs + friendly plugs, simple, short, & sweet. Hopefully these recipes get you inspired to get cookin’ this holiday season.
» Continue Reading «
Quick Life Update
Two days ago, my brother & I finally made our way back to the States after a very long trip in Thailand & Vietnam. It was bittersweet, but I’m really happy to be back home. There are so many things we take for granted, such as actual toilets, regulations on food cleanliness, & being able to eat raw vegetables without fear of contracting a parasite. Although our public education system is sliding in rankings–California & Massachusetts topping the list at 2 & 4 with best high schools–school is still free for us until college, but this is not the case for those living in Vietnam. I’m really happy I could be part of MEMO’s 9G trip this year with my family. We handed out so many backpacks full of school supplies & scholarships to underprivileged children. Yet, that’s just one of the many things MEMO did while in Vietnam. My parents have been helping out the club since it first started 9 years ago & they finally got to see all their fundraising & donations turn into life changing medical & educational assistance. If you’d like to see what we all did for the past 11 days, check out the MEMO 9G blog.
In my last post, I said that I wanted to release a bunch of queued posts throughout July & August, but I never got around to making 5 new posts like I wanted. So instead of smushing together a product review, some random pictures from months ago, & a recipe, I thought I’d just keep things straight to the point. This post is a product review. I don’t care for product review posts, so I don’t care if you read it or not. If you’re interested in makeup reviews, this is the post for you. If you’re not, just wait until tomorrow when I post a new recipe.
» Continue Reading «
[8tracks url=”http://8tracks.com/tiffanybee/reasons-for-happiness” width=”500″ height=”500″ flash=”yes” ]
Reasons for Happiness
- Disclosure – Help Me Lose My Mind (SOHN Remix)
- Lana Del Rey – Ride (Barretso Remix)
- Flight Facilities – Two Bodies (feat. Emma Louise)
- Lady – Chromatics
- Chet Faker – Gold (Flume Re-Work)
- ODESZA – Say My Name (feat. Zyra)
- Lana Del Rey – Born to Die (Monsieur Adi Remix)
- Mr Little Jeans – Don’t Run
- The Aston Shuffle – Won’t Get Lost (Flume Remix)
- M83 – Kim & Jessie
- Wild Nothing – Counting Days
- Clams Casino – The World Needs Change
- Monarchy – Video Games vs Phoenix Alive
- Flume – Sleepless (Cosmo’s Midnight Remix)
YAY a filler post!! You know you’re totally not bothered by this because it’s ad-free music I made to make you happy. I’ve been so caught up with school & work that I’ve been neglecting TB & everyone I normally interweb stalk. It’s not you, I promise, it’s just me & life. So, please enjoy this fun, slightly nostalgic, synth-pop-whatever playlist of fantastic vocals & upbeat tempos. & of course I had to include Lana Del Rey remixes because YAAAS QUEEEEN. Shut up. 😛
I wanted to get back into the swing of things by creating a massive amount of queued posts throughout July & August because I’ll be away on holiday. My family & I are going to Thailand for fun & then we’ll be joining MEMO–an amazing nonprofit organization aimed to help the underprivileged in developing countries–in Vietnam. I’m so incredibly excited to visit Thailand for the first time & also thrilled to visit Vietnam again (& for a good cause too!). The first time I went, I was 12 & absolutely hated it–mostly due to the company (or more like an individual jerk/bully)–which, formulated my negative perception of the country. But I’ll never forget how delicious the food was, although I think Southern California’s pho is better than the bowls I had in Vietnam. I’m now nearly a whole decade & a half older than I was when I visited Vietnam, so my mind is wide open to enjoy the nature & beauty of the country. Prepare your browser for massive amounts of pictures in 2 months, you guys. It’s going to be awesome. Thailand & Vietnam might not hold any records for having the world’s fastest bullet trains or the cleanest cities, but I think both countries are underrated holiday destinations. Although, Vietnam holds the record for the largest underground cave. In fact, it’s own forest & wildlife. You bet your bottom there’ll be a bunch of food pictures & YOU WILL ENJOY IT BECAUSE FOOD IS ART. CAPS LOCK. 📷🍜 In all seriousness, I really look forward to visiting the Motherland & helping those who desperately need aid. I was going to make a joke about running amongst my peeplz, but all humans, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual preference are my peeplz. We are all human & we’re all animals made of stardust. 🌠✨💫
Tell me all about your summer vacation plans or where you wish you could revisit or plan on visiting one day! Also, tell me what you think of the playlist. It’s okay if it’s not your jams, you’re wrong. Just kidding, to each their own!