Crostini is a great crowd pleaser & I’m sure my Shrimp & Shiitake Crostini will be a hit amongst shrimp lovers alike. Any leftover shrimp mixture can be used to make more crostini in the future or wontons. Just put the mixture in tupperware to place in the freezer.Print
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 French baguette, sliced at an angle about an inch (2.54 cm)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tsp tom yum paste
- 2 tsp shrimp paste in soya bean oil
- 1 Tbsp of ponzu sauce
- 1/2 cup bean thread noodles
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, powdered or freshly grated
- 2 tsp coconut sugar, palm sugar, brown sugar, or honey
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Thaw shrimp if frozen, first & soak bean threads for 10 minutes in cold water. In a skillet, heat a tbsp of olive oil on medium-high. Add onions first, sautée until browned, & then add the sliced shiitake mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Put shrimp, bean threads, 1 tbsp of ponzu sauce, salt, pepper, tom yum paste, shrimp paste, & sugar into a food processor. Process until shrimp is finely ground. Stir in the cooled mushroom & onion mixture in a separate mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, fish sauce, remaining ponzu sauce, green onions, & cilantro. Mix well & set aside.
- If using a toaster oven, spray down mini cookie sheet with oil & place sliced bread on sheet. Scoop & spread the shrimp mixture onto the bread thinly. Garnish crostini with grated cheese. Top the crostini off with the green onion & cilantro mixture. If using an oven, preheat oven to about 300º F & use a regular sized cookie sheet.
- If using a toaster oven, turn to “bake” mode & set the temperature to about 250º F. Bake for 5 minutes or until shrimp is thoroughly baked. In an oven, bake for about 5-10 minutes or until shrimp is thoroughly baked.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: crostini, shrimp, shiitake, pescetarian, seafood, pescatarian, appetizers, asian, gruyere, baguette