Feeling under the weather or in need of a hearty soup that will last you a week? Look no further because this hearty soup will bring you childhood memories of plain old Alphabet Soup, but with all of the vegetables you’ve grown to love. This healthy soup will instantly help you feel better during a cold or fill you up with plenty of leftovers for the week.Print
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup alphabet noodles
- 2 carrots, halved vertically & sliced about 1/2 inch
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1–1.5 cups crimini mushroom, washed, stemmed, & thinly sliced (about 15-20)
- 15 oz cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 heaping Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 sprigs parsley, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 string beans, 1/2 inch slices (optional)
- 5 radishes, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1. In a large stock pot & heat 1 Tbsp EVOO on medium high heat. Wet your finger with water & flick the water droplets into the pot to see if it sizzles. Sautée the chopped onions & garlic until onions have browned.
- 2. Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, mushrooms, beans, string beans, radish, & artichoke hearts to the pot. Cook the vegetables for about 10 minutes or until the celery has softened, stirring occasionally & adding the remaining EVOO.
- 3. When the vegetables have all softened, add the tomato paste, pinch of pepper (or paprika if you’re craving heat), & the vegetable broth. Cook until everything is combined & the tomato paste has dissolved completely.
- 4. Give the alphabet pasta a quick rinse & toss them into the soup when the soup comes to a boil. Add the kale & cook until the pasta has softened. This should be roughly 10 minutes. You don’t want it to be mushy, so make sure you remove the soup from heat & serve immediately. Top with parsley & a bit of EVOO!
- Use your absolute favorite vegetables in this soup. The main ingredients you can’t forget are the beans, alphabet pasta, tomatoes, & carrots. Otherwise, mix it up with your favorites!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40