Honeydew is such an underrated melon & doesn’t get nearly as much attention as watermelon, but it should! Try out this refreshing fruit tea smoothie featuring green tea, boba, & no added sugar to the actual smoothie besides the boba. You can get boba at most Asian grocery stores, just make sure to call ahead of time to double-check! Remember to scoop out the honeydew seeds with a spoon.Print
- 2 cups honeydew, cubed
- 1/4 cup iced loose leaf green tea or melon flavored green tea
- 1/4 cup tapioca pearls
- 3 cups water
- 3 Tbsp agave syrup, honey, coconut sugar, or any other sweetener of your choice
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water to a boil on medium high heat & then add the tapioca pearls. Stir occasionally for about 2-3 minutes or until the balls float to the top. Reduce the boil to a simmer by lowering the heat & cover.
- Meanwhile, add the honeydew & tea in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the honeydew smoothie into a tall glass & refrigerate until the tapioca is finished.
- Return to the tapioca pearls & stir occasionally. When the tapioca sinks to the bottom, let it sit covered with the heat turned off for about 10-12 minutes. Rinse & drain the tapioca into a mesh colander.
- Place the tapioca in a small bowl & add the agave. Mix the agave & the tapioca well, cover, & let sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate cup, spoon desired amount of boba & top with honeydew smoothie. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 32
- Sodium: 29
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0