Enjoy breakfast more & make yourself a huge batch of this to enjoy throughout the week before you’re off to work or school. Don’t have time to caramelize nectarines? Don’t fret, just add your favorite fruits atop the oatmeal porridge & enjoy.Print
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2½ cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp clove
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 nectarines, pitted & sliced
- 1 Tbsp agave, honey, or maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened large coconut flakes
- In a glass container, combine oats, shredded coconut, & 1½ cups of milk. Allow oats to soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF & spread large coconut flakes on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. Toast for about 10-15 minutes, checking on it every so often to make sure it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven & set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the soaked oats, spices, milk, & salt, bringing it to a boil on medium-high heat. When the porridge has reached a boil, reduce the heat to low, simmer covered, & stir occasionally until the liquid combines with the oats to form a creamy texture. Remove from heat & keep covered.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heats & add sliced nectarines. Sauté until they begin to charcoal a little, then quickly add the sweetener. Remove from heat & allow to cool down slightly.
- Scoop out porridge in a bowl & top with nectarines & toasted coconut. Drizzle additional sweetener (agave, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar) for extra sweetness.
- Category: Brunch
- Cuisine: New American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, breakfast, brunch, oats, overnight oats, fruits, nectarine, recipes, coconut