Need more than just salsa & guacamole to offer your guests during a game or dinner party? Try out this cheesy recipe perfect for dipping or eating alone. It’s inspired by Mexican-style street corn off the cob. Vegetarian-friendly & lighter than a typical cheese dip, you’ll be pleasantly surprised how much flavor this dish packs.Print
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2–3 jalapeños, diced (deseed to reduce spiciness)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter. Add shallots when butter is completely melted, stirring occasionally until translucent.
- Add corn & cook until golden (or thawed if using frozen). Toss in jalapeño & garlic. Mix thoroughly & cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the feta cheese & mix until slightly melted.
- Turn heat off & mix in Greek yogurt & cilantro. Top with additional cilantro & lime. Salt to taste. Serve in a large dipping bowl with chips, grains, or atop fresh greens for a delicious salad.
- Step up this recipe: grill fresh corn & shallots, then follow the recipe for extra smokiness. Use gouda, pecorino romano, asiago, or any of your favorite cheeses to add your own flare….or, dare to use two or three cheeses?!
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Latin
Keywords: game day, cheese, corn, mexican inspired, sides, appetizers