- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup alphabet noodles
- 2 carrots, halved vertically & sliced about 1/2 inch
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1–1.5 cups crimini mushroom, washed, stemmed, & thinly sliced (about 15-20)
- 15 oz cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 heaping Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 sprigs parsley, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 string beans, 1/2 inch slices (optional)
- 5 radishes, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1. In a large stock pot & heat 1 Tbsp EVOO on medium high heat. Wet your finger with water & flick the water droplets into the pot to see if it sizzles. Sautée the chopped onions & garlic until onions have browned.
- 2. Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, mushrooms, beans, string beans, radish, & artichoke hearts to the pot. Cook the vegetables for about 10 minutes or until the celery has softened, stirring occasionally & adding the remaining EVOO.
- 3. When the vegetables have all softened, add the tomato paste, pinch of pepper (or paprika if you’re craving heat), & the vegetable broth. Cook until everything is combined & the tomato paste has dissolved completely.
- 4. Give the alphabet pasta a quick rinse & toss them into the soup when the soup comes to a boil. Add the kale & cook until the pasta has softened. This should be roughly 10 minutes. You don’t want it to be mushy, so make sure you remove the soup from heat & serve immediately. Top with parsley & a bit of EVOO!
- Use your absolute favorite vegetables in this soup. The main ingredients you can’t forget are the beans, alphabet pasta, tomatoes, & carrots. Otherwise, mix it up with your favorites!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40