Salsa is the quintessential Game Day appetizer that absolutely must appear on your table for your football fans. It’s a light alternative to cheesier dips, healthy, & refreshing. This recipe takes just a few minutes to whip up & will surely score a touchdown with your kids, significant other, friends, family, &/or yourself.Print
- 6 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced into eighths
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1–2 jalapeños, diced (remove seeds if reduced heat desired)
- 1 Tbsp cayenne
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 1. Toss ingredients in a food processor & gently chop or purée until desired consistency. If chunkier texture desired, chop all by hand.
- 2. Serve in a large dipping bowl, topped with additional cilantro.
- Cherry, grape, or vine-ripened tomatoes are great alternatives to heirloom tomatoes. To get maximum flavor, let your salsa sit overnight in the refrigerator & serve the following day.