This recipe is dedicated to a beloved foodie named Kim, who is no longer with us today. If you’re curious to know more, see my original post.
Need a filling lunch fast? This noodle soup recipe is a great fix for your noodle soup cravings & you’ll feel guilt-free using shirataki noodles instead of other carb heavy alternatives. This recipe is vegan & vegetarian friendly! Shirataki noodles are reported to keep you full longer than pasta, so the temptation to snack is reduced. Want more protein in this bowl of goodness? Add a poached egg!
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp wakame
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 package shirataki noodles
- 1 Tbsp ichimi togarashi (Japanese chili mix)
- 1/4 package soft tofu, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 bundle of enoki, root & soil discarded
- 1-2 sprigs of green onions, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shaved with a peeler
- 1. In a soup pot, bring water to a boil on medium high heat. Add the wakame & soy sauce.
- 2. When broth is brought to a boil, turn the heat down to a simmer on medium heat. Add miso paste & stir until dissolved into soup.
- 3. Add the shirataki noodles & simmer for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the remaining ingredients: ichimi togarashi, tofu, enoki, scallions, & carrot. Simmer until enoki is tender. Remove from heat & serve. Top with more carrot shavings or scallions if desired.